Your brand, your literature, every design you have must be on point and easily recognisable to your audience. It defines you, it represents your values and sets you apart from your competitors. It makes you DIFFERENT!
Companies don’t sell products or services; they sell feelings, experiences and aspirations.
Think of any well-known product you use regularly.
Why did it jump out at you on the shelf? Were you already familiar with it? Does it evoke emotion or aspiration?
Once you grasp the concept that you are not selling a product or service, but feelings, then it is time to have a deep dive into your branding and check that it does exactly what you want it to do. You want to sell more, make more money and make people remember you and value what you provide, but clients need to connect with you and your brand for that to happen.
So, what is branding?
Branding is applying a distinctive feature – or set of features – to your business so that consumers can start to connect your brand with your products or services. It includes your logo, tagline, visual design, tone of voice and style.
Is branding the same as marketing?
Although both are key to a successful business and must work together in harmony, they are separate entities. Branding is the identity of a business, whilst marketing includes the strategies you use to communicate that vision to consumers and potential customers.
What is the value of branding?
Your brand is one of your company’s most important assets. It gives your business an identity, makes people remember you, encourages consumers to buy your products or services, supports your marketing campaigns, and gives you and your team a sense of unity and pride.
A well-designed branding campaign ensures that you stand out among your competitors. People won’t perceive you as just another x type of business in a crowded market; you will become a landmark in the digital space in no time.
And an improved brand reputation and high visibility translate into better conversions. Simply put, better branding means better sales.
What are the key benefits of branding?
1. Influences people’s buying decisions. A 2021 Razorfish study found that 82% of surveyed consumers buy from brands that stand for a greater mission or purpose.
2. Creates a business identity. This goes beyond the product or service you are selling; it gives consumers something to relate to and connect with.
3. Helps customers remember your business. Branding makes your business memorable. It is the face of your business and helps consumers pick you out from the crowd.
4. Boosts advertising and marketing. Branding supports advertising and marketing by giving it a bigger impact and added recognition.
5. Builds a strong, cohesive team. Branding not only gives your business an identity but brings unity to employees. You are creating a highly regarded workplace which, in turn, supports recruitment as strong branding brings in strong employees.
What should you consider when branding?
The first thing you need to think about is who is your target audience? You need to define your values and benefits, establish a mission statement, and find your brand voice.
How do you decide how to brand your business?
That’s where we come in.
We can help you look at your branding and see if it really works for you. Does it tell your story? Does it marry well with your product/service? Do people remember it? Are you looking to rebrand? What do you do if you’ve made the decision that your branding isn’t quite what you want anymore? How do you change your brand and why?
We can sit down with you and talk through all your branding concerns, questions and ideas.
What we do:
• Create an innovative brand strategy and design to your current brand.
• Create an inspiring new brand for your business.
• Listen carefully to your needs and requirements and build a brand and marketing materials that you will love.
• Design your marketing materials on brand so that they all link together and are easily recognisable.
• Provide them ready for use, whether digital or print.
Give us a call for a free quote on 01642 432188.